Friday, August 30, 2013

Vitamix!!!!

For years my friends have been telling me I would like to have a Vitamix. I told them I probably would like to have a Vitamix, but that I have a Cuisinart and I love it and I make all sort of things with it. And then they tell me things like, but you eat so much almond butter! And you could make almond milk! And smoothies! And I have thought to myself, I don't need a special machine to make special food. And then my friends tell me things like, but think of all the glass and plastic you would save! And I have thought to myself, I don't eat that much almond butter. But the truth is, I do. And the truth is, I eat faux gras (lentil walnut paté) and I make smoothies, and I would love to make horchata and sweeten it with maple, and I basically am THE TARGET MARKET for a Vitamix. So I bought one a couple weeks ago, and the first thing I did was make oat flour out of Maine-grown oats!

Kids, this thing is going to pay for itself in about ten minutes.

So Josh and I got to Maine, where the Vitamix is, and in one day I made almond milk, a berry smoothie (I froze blueberries the last time I was here, for just this purpose), fresh garden vegetable juice, and lentil walnut paté. I am a cliché. A happy one.









No comments:

Post a Comment