Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Admission

My day started by having a laser iridotomy to treat narrow angles, which can be a precursor to glaucoma.  I had the right eye done exactly a year ago, and then I put off doing the left eye first because I was taking care of Josh while he had his heart surgery, and second because the first one sucked so much that I didn't want to go through it again. But I had the time, and I have the insurance, and I've met my deductible, and really there was no excuse left. So in I went. Was it pleasant? Nope. But it was a lot better than the other eye, and I made it through OK.

It was about 2 PM by the time I got home, and it was beautiful out, but my eyes wanted darkened rest. I fell asleep on the couch for a good bit, and then I grabbed my chance. I found a website that allowed me to watch Admission for free, and I settled in. As soon as a Tina Fey/ Paul Rudd comedy hit the theaters last Spring, I wanted to see it. But I didn't. I got too busy, or it wasn't playing at a good time, or there was a different movie to see. It stayed on my list though. And when I was lying around recovering from my little eye thing, it seemed like the perfect time.

So it's not very good. The writing, the acting, the directing—not very good. So it was not a very joyful experience for me, to lie around mildly uncomfortable watching something I'd wanted to see forever that turned out to be not very good. But at least I went for it, and I tried, and now I know that I'm glad I didn't see it in the theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment