Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nobody Loves You

I am so excited for my friend Michelle Tattenbaum. She has been working on a musical with Itamar Moses and Gaby Alter for years. It's going up at 2ST this week, and I got to go to the invited dress rehearsal. Regular readers will know that this is exactly the kind of thing I love: a fabulous new musical, a sneak preview, an invited audience full of enthusiastic and supportive people, a long-realized dream/hard work coming to fruition. Also, hilarious physical comedy, wonderful writing, and a costume involving ankle slippers, a cardigan, and a T-shirt with a giant bear on it. In short, 1) I just sank back into my seat and soaked it in. True, it wasn't totally selfish, because I wanted success as much for Michelle as I wanted to enjoy myself. But also true, it was totally selfish, because I thoroughly enjoyed myself. So in case you missed it up there in the second line, this is the link to 2ST where you can get a ticket. If you get one for July 16, we can see each other.

My apologies for once again not having time to write this up as fully as I would want to—the festival I am producing has shows almost every night and I've been burning the candle on both ends. Life is full!

No comments:

Post a Comment