Monday, May 27, 2013

I saw the Golem when I was his age, and I turned out ok.

This post is full of spoilers, but only if you read this link. Also, this post is going to be wicked short, because I am writing it from the road.

Josh, James, and I drove from Maine to stay the night at my uncle Steve and aunt Julie's in New Hampshire.  We hung out, ate dinner, gabbed about everything from bushy eyebrows to the five most famous people/things from Quincy MA (John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Zildjian cymbals, Howard Johnsons, and my Steve Simons (my uncle). At some point, I looked up and saw it was 9:55, and asked hopefully whether they like to watch Mad Men. Turns out Julie does (Steve, not so much)—and so we cozied into the corner and turned on the best episode of the season so far. I am a fairly staunch believer in the eventuality that even when a season starts out slowly, it will all add up. I think the writers know what they are doing, and that we need to look at the show in its aggregate, and not always episode by episode. I won't say a word about anything from last night's episode, except to say it PAYS OFF the season up to this point.

The link above is last week's recap. The title of this post is my favorite line from this week's. I'll discuss details and spoilers with anyone who wants, just offline so we don't ruin it for those who haven't yet caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment