Friday, May 17, 2013

Friends

I haven't had a lot of time to hang out with friends lately. I am finishing up my job at the JCC, while simultaneously doing 3 freelance jobs and also getting back to Josh's and my film, Parting the Waters, while simultaneously suddenly (and deliciously) being a parent. Not sleeping enough, not exercising enough, and not getting enough time to connect with friends. So as I walked from one appointment to another, I called friends. Simply that. One answered and we had a quick check-in; one texted back that she had been in an intense game of 'tennis baseball' in the backyard with her kid and couldn't talk; I haven't heard from the third. But I reached out, I connected with two out of three, and now I have to get off this blog and go do my coop shift, dash back for a site visit with a social worker, have a planned family meeting with Josh and James, take Josh to the doctor, and then come home and copy edit a new article (one of the freelance jobs I'm doing.) Keep your ringer on. Maybe I'll try to sneak in a phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment