Friday, December 14, 2012

Self time fail

I didn't do it. For the first time since yom kippur, and I started this project, I did not take time just for myself, seeing joy. I didn't even take time just for myself, unless taking a shower counts, which it probably does because there are some days I don't even get to that. It was a long, full day—not a bad day, just a long full day. Delayed train, lots of meetings, a show opening, last-minute responses, stepping in to help with a pop-up khanike party at work, reception after the show, slow train home, my food menore, and before I knew it it was 12:20 and I wasn't quite in bed yet and I hadn't taken time for myself.

Now, I did find some joy. The show we opened, THE WORLD IS ROUND, by Rachel Dickstein's and her company, Ripe Time, is gorgeous. It was the first time I got to watch it all the way through, and I was transcended. Except when I was texting the people I had hired to run the reception. Or glaring at the person whose cell phone went off even though I had JUST made the turn-off-your-cell-phone announcement. So all for me? No. But joyful? Yes.

I'll do better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment