Thursday, December 13, 2012

Alone at the theater

I went to the theater by myself. I love going to the theater by myself. Live theater or films. I bought a hot apple cider (that they let me take in), settled into my seat, said hi to the people sitting next to me, and got ready to experience a new musical. I didn't know if I'd like it or not (I did not) but I knew I would love the autonomy of being alone in the space. And it's that autonomy that allowed me to get up and leave at at the intermission, with nobody else to be accountable to. And to come home and make my halvah menorah, and to watch .... to watch who on the 12-12-12 concert? Who would it make me happy to watch? Who would I most want to hear? Who makes me dance around the living room? That's right. The Who.

I'm thinking that if I want to find joy this year, I should probably just listen to/watch/go find Pete Townshend every day. You could do worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment