Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I contacted an ap developer

Never Done: I contacted an iPad ap developer

When Mickey and I went to Florida, and I just traveled with my iPad, I wasn't able to post my blog posts, because the security monkeys who track my every move with a security device knew that I wasn't at home. But you posted every day, I hear you think. Yes I did. Because Josh was amenable enough to go into my computer at home and re-set my Facebook account to let it know that my mobile device hadn't been stolen. You'd think once would be enough, but the next day, when I wanted to post again, guess what? He had to do it again. And guess what happened the next day?

I am about to travel to Germany, and I am considering traveling without my laptop, to go easy on my back that just went into spasm last night (tshuve) but I don't want to have any posting/connection problems. So I went online to see if I could find an FAQ for Blogpress, the ap I use to post remotely to this blog. The FAQ wasn't too helpful, but I did find a link to customer service. I wrote, I asked my question, and within minutes I had an email back from the ap developer himself, one Feng Huajun.

There is something demystifying about this to me. I often think of the world as opaque, but in moments like this I see that it's actually quite transparent and graspable. There's a guy, like many other guys I know, who developed an ap, and has a Facebook page (I found it) and writes back to people. Maybe he lives in my neighborhood, and maybe he lives somewhere in China, but he is still just a guy, maybe in a suit at an office, maybe home in his pajamas, and he's within my reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment