Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remember

Never Done: Started my Mussar journal

I feel confessional. I have not had time to start writing my screenplay in 21 days (but I did complete all the preliminary work, and think it would be good for me to do it.) I have not had time to unpack my office in the month since I've lived in this new apartment. And a week into my Mussar Va'ad, I hadn't written in my journal, which is the foundation of the daily practice. And then I did. I did it using that old chestnut of a trick -- I told myself it would only take 10 minutes. So after lunch, I pulled out my Nikki McClure Remember journal and I wrote. And guess what? It did only take 10 minutes, and in that time I learned something significant about myself and humility.

I have plenty of it when I am the student. Where I get into trouble is when I am the teacher.

Experienced teachers: When you know you are more knowledgeable about your subject than your student(s), how do you teach from a place of humility?

No comments:

Post a Comment