Monday, October 25, 2010

Can't see the artwork for the trees

Never Done: Saw art on the Church of the Virgin Mary. I walked first north, and then south down 8th Avenue. Heading north, I glanced over and saw a medallion of artwork that I'd never before noticed on the church. I thought about it a while, wondering why I'd never seen it before, and then eventually got lost in other thoughts. Heading back south, I walked on the church side of the street so I could get a closer look, but got distracted by a tree stump, right in front of the medallion. I figured that the tree was most likely lost in the tornado and micro-storms last month, and I mourned it -- another giant gone. But then I realized that the tree had been blocking the view of the art, and that I couldn't see the artwork for the tree.

2 comments:

  1. jenny. just read everything and caught up. love it. bold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex -- and thanks for being my first comment! I'm saying the shehekhianu over here...

    ReplyDelete